28 July 2026

Recycling

 When I lived in the Rochester, NY area, I never seemed to have time to get around to sightseeing.  Now that I've moved away and come back for yearly visits, I have the time.  Last summer, it was the Transportation Museum and the Rochester & Genesee RR Museum, a canal boat ride on the Barge Canal, a Red Wings Baseball game (my third in over 70 years), the Jello Museum in Leroy, and many others.  I found the memorial to Cab Calloway in the neighborhood where he lived, Fountain Street and Avon Place, and was surprised to find a memorial to his sister there also.  

The memorial plaque for Alec Wilder, world renowned composer, was missing from its place on the corner of East Avenue and Westminster Road.  I wrote to several people about that but wasn't able to learn anything about its absence.  Was it the result of vandalism?

This year should be as interesting.  Time will tell.

No comments: