25 February 2017

The Old Hometown Looks The Same - Sure!

 
This is a street view from Google Earth of the old homestead in Batavia, New York.  It looks the same as when we lived there in the 1930’s, except there was a Spirea bush next to the porch, instead of what looks like a Lilac bush.  The fourth house down the street to the right belonged to my Grandfather, but his barn is gone now.  And down Miller Avenue, to the left, there is a four-car garage; my father converted it from the original five-car structure sometime in the 1950’s, when I was in college.  When we visited about ten years ago, everything looked smaller than I remembered.


 

3 comments:

Neil A. Waring said...

Where I grew up, my favorite trees are gone. Otherwise, the place looks better than when I was growing up.

Granpappy said...

Yes, trees were replaced by power lines. I hadn't noticed before.

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Fond memories - I'm glad. Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.