24 October 2006

24 October 2006

The Fine Art Fair is fast approaching - November 11th and 12th - and I've been uptight since I signed up for a booth last Spring. The Senior Center will allocate a 10' x 10' space and provide a table and chair. So Elliot, a fellow student at the Center, and I have been busy trying to figure out how to obtain display panels for our watercolors. We checked into renting, but turned up nothing. We worked over a bunch of possible designs to make our own and finally settled on a group of 4' wide by 6 1/2' tall panels with a 4' x 4' pegboard panel. Once we made that decision, we bought the supplies at the local Home Depot, brought everything here, and began construction. The completed panels are now leaning against the back of the house, covered with plastic. So far, so good.

The next task is to arrange transportation from here to the Center. We'll probably rent a pickup truck.

In the meantime, I've been trying to evaluate all my work to decide which are saleable, and how to mat and frame them. I had some very good advice about mat colors and combinations from my daughter, Gail, and her husband,David, when they were here, which worked out well. So far, I've decided on 33 to be offered for sale.

The next decision is to figure out what number to put on the price tag. I have two large paintings that were professionally framed; each cost over $250.00, so their prices will be up there. Some will only be matted, so will be lower priced. If Elliot and I sell enough to recoup the cost of the panels, we'll be happy.

Keep your fingers crossed for us. It's the first time I've ever attempted anything like this. So far, only family and friends have any of my work. Of course, I can always brag that my work is in private collections in Arizona, Texas and on the East Coast.

No comments: